Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Speaking at the McGill University International Development Studies: An Experience Worth Sharing

The workshop was an amazing experience for me. It was able to present what I am doing in the Philippines to the undergraduate students of International Development Studies in McGill and to some guests/professors of same field. I shared to them how I was inspired, what are my motivation in trekking the route to community development and other development projects. We were 6 speakers in the panel (http://www.mcgill.ca/isid/undergraduate/intd/march9event/).

The good thing also, is that one among the audience is the internal director of End Poverty Now, named Alicia Bruce, and she liked my presentation. She is inviting to another speaking engagement on March 30. It will be taking place at Vanier Cegep. It will be hosted by End Poverty Now and Education Beyond Borders.

I hope that my talk inspired the students to make a difference in their world, to be able recognize a need and to be able to think about the most basic approach to solving the problem sustainably, rather that simply a “band-aid” solution.

0 comments:

Post a Comment